Difference between revisions of "FTE"
From Quake Wiki
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
Revision as of 20:26, 23 March 2021
|Author:||Spike et al|
As implied by its name FTE started out as a QuakeWorld-only engine, however over time it has gained full compatibility with NQ clients, NQ servers, and more importantly NQ mods.
- Multiple Video Presets, for all tastes.
- XMPP/IRC client modules
- Hybrid NQ/QW capabilities (NQ+QW clients fragging each other!)
- Multiple renderers, including OpenGL, Vulkan, D3D9, D3D11.
- BSP2, Q3BSP, other limits extended.
- Alternative view projections.
- Runs Quake, Quake2, Quake3, Hexen2, plus numerous FTE-only mods/games.
- ODE physics
- Many many many many many more things...
- delta compression
- no nat issues
- compatible with a wide range of servers.
- commandline-less configuration.
- no mouse accel (even in linux)
- wide range of presents, allowing it to look awesome, or to get awesome framerates.
- built in qcc
- step-by-step qc debugger.
- extended map limits (bsp2, q3bsp support)
- extended protocol limits (ent counts, ent limits, precache limits, etc)
- numerous qc extensions - see http://triptohell.info/moodles/fteqcc/fteextensions.qc
- skeletal model support
- win64 (64bit native)
- android (basedir is /sdcard/fte/)