Difference between revisions of "FTE"
From Quake Wiki
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
Revision as of 21:31, 23 March 2021
|Author:||Spike et al|
FTE started out as a QuakeWorld-only engine, then over time, it has gained compatibility with NetQuake and mods, Hexen 2, Quake 2, and Quake 3.
- Multiple Video Presets, for all tastes.
- Hybrid NQ/QW capabilities (NQ+QW clients fragging each other!)
- Multiple renderers, including OpenGL, Vulkan, D3D9, D3D11.
- BSP2, Q3BSP, other limits extended.
- Alternative view projections.
- Runs Quake, Quake2, Quake3, Hexen2, plus numerous FTE-only mods/games.
- Many many many many many more things...
- delta compression
- no nat issues
- compatible with a wide range of servers.
- commandline-less configuration.
- no mouse accel (even in linux)
- wide range of presents, allowing it to look awesome, or to get awesome framerates.
- extended map limits (bsp2, q3bsp support)
- extended protocol limits (ent counts, ent limits, precache limits, etc)
- numerous qc extensions - see http://triptohell.info/moodles/fteqcc/fteextensions.qc
- skeletal model support
- Android (not tested)
- Linux x64
- Linux x86
- Mac (not tested, but a build is available through a 3rd party)
- webgl (not tested)
- Win x32
- Win x64