From Quake Wiki
FTWQW comes with a series of plugins that add interesting non-core functionality to the engine. These plugins can be installed/enabled/disabled via the in-engine downloads menu.
List of available plugins
- CEF: Chromium based webbrowser engine for in game interfaces etc.
- Can load a simple browser interface with eg: cef http://google.com
- Windows only for now?
- ezHUD: in-game customizable HUDs for Quake based games
- ffmpeg: video player
- Provides video playback, eg playfilm foobar.mp4
- Provides video encoding, eg capturedriver ffmpeg;ffmpeg_videocode h264;capture foo.mp4
- Provides audio decoding, eg cd remap 3 music/foobar.mp3
- ffmpeg sold separately...
- Prebuilt only for windows right now.
- IRC: chat on any IRC server right in the game
- MPQ: (written for an elaborate prank, ignore)
- ODE in FTEQW: Advanced physics engine (a bit buggy)
- QI: Quake Injector (clone of)
- In-Engine alternative to the well-known Quake Injector program.
- Downloads and runs mods and maps directly from zips, instead of creating a multitude of new directories.
- XMPP: federated instant messaging and friends lists
- Allows to easily join servers where friends are playing
- Supports voice chat.
= How to get these plugins
You can get some of these via the build in download menu. Type in the console:
Alternatively you can download them manually from here.