From Quake Wiki
|Unspecified user added a To-Do; need stuff like dzip, fun name makers, idgamma , front-ends, server browsers, etc. Maybe need one page for development tools, and another for player-oriented tools..|
- makepak.py is a python script to create a pak file from a directory of files.
- PakExplorer - Very handy, explorer-like interface.
- PakScape - An excellent, multigame pak/zip utility with an explorer-like interface.
- par is a "archiving tool for Quake pak files (Pak ARchiver)" for Linux.
- QuakeForge - QuakeForge's tools include a multiplatform, commandline pak utility.
- QuArK - Mainly a map editor, you can also use it to edit models and PAK files.
- QPakMan "is an all-singing all-dancing Quake1 pak/mip tool" for Windows and Linux.
- QPed - Supports long names, explorer-like interface.
- XmPak - Old Motif-based GUI to display and export the contents of Quake and Quake 2 PAK files.
- XPak - Freeware modification/extraction/creation tool.
Graphic & Resource Editors
- Fimg - FrikaC's graphical resource editor for Quake formats.
- Wally - Quake 2 texture tool which also supports Quake wads.
- MipDip - Antiquated, not recommended.
- qArt - Based on MipDip, similarly antiquated.