From Quake Wiki
The info_player_start entity defines the start location of the player in a single-player game of Quake. It is also used as a spawn point in cooperative play, although level authors are encouraged to also provide specific cooperative spawn points by also placing info_player_coop entities in their maps.
As with almost all entities, the info_player_start can be enabled/disabled depending on the difficulty settings by using spawnflags. In the case of info_player_start, this can be used to allow the player to spawn in a different location depending on map difficulty.
info_player_start has the following attributes in Worldcraft:
- Angle : The direction the entity faces when spawned
info_player_start has the following entity spawnflags:
- Not in Easy : The entity will not exist if the player is in Easy difficulty mode
- Not in Normal : The entity will not exist if the player is in Normal difficulty mode
- Not in Hard : The entity will not exist if the player is in Hard difficulty mode
- Not in Deathmatch : The entity will not exist if the game is a Deathmatch game