Difference between revisions of "FTE"
From Quake Wiki
(yay, my engine, woo.)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
Revision as of 19:16, 30 March 2013
|Author:||Spike et al|
As implied by its name FTE started out as a QuakeWorld-only engine, however over time it has gained full compatibility with NQ clients, NQ servers, and more importantly NQ mods.
- delta compression
- no nat issues
- compatible with a wide range of servers.
- commandline-less configuration.
- no mouse accel (even in linux)
- wide range of presents, allowing it to look awesome, or to get awesome framerates.
- built in qcc
- step-by-step qc debugger.
- extended map limits (bsp2, q3bsp support)
- extended protocol limits (ent counts, ent limits, precache limits, etc)
- numerous qc extensions - see http://triptohell.info/moodles/fteqcc/fteextensions.qc
- skeletal model support
- win64 (64bit native)